Subscribe via Email

Please add frugalsciencegal [at] gmail [dot] com to your address book!!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Networked Blogs

Make Money On Twitter!!

SponsoredTweets referral badge

FeedBurner FeedCount

Stats

Saturday, April 10, 2010

RecycleBank

Photobucket

With the upcoming Earth Week (April 18-24), it is important to think about your impact on the earth.

A website that offers great tips and even REWARDS (we all love rewards) for making the right decisions about recycling is RecycleBank.

RecycleBank is a great program that can teach you so many things. They have awesome links such as "5 Things You Should Always Recycle" which teaches you to always recycle:
1. Electronics
2. Rechargeable batteries
3. Compact flourescent light bulbs
4. Plastic bags
5. Anything you don't need that could be of great value to others.

This is just one of many amazing links and articles they have on their website. So even if you do not become a member of the Rewards Program, please go and read a couple of articles that can lead to a HUGE impact on our Earth.

Quick Facts (also from RecycleBank)

The average American generates 4.5 lbs of garbage per day.
The average American family generates approximately 2.5 tons of garbage a year.
Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to keep a 100-watt bulb burning for almost four hours or run your television for three hours.
Plastics require 100 to 400 years to break down in a landfill.


You can sign up for RecycleBank here.

6 comments:

Robin @ Blommi said...

Thanks for reminding me about this . I had seen it a little while ago & forgot about it :)

Paula said...

I joined and got a free coupon for a bottle of Seventh Generation dish soap!!

Frugal Science Gal said...

Blomnmi: I visited your site and I love it!

Frosted Fingers: Great to hear that!

I'm following both of y'all on GFC now! :-)

Rachael @ Empowering Mommy said...

I love Recycle Bank. I didn't realize that they had some great articles. Thanks for pointing that out! I wish that my community would use Recycle Bank to encourage people to recycle.

Thanks for the great tips. Your blog is coming along nicely. (I also have your email - my email broke and I'm having a hard time emailing. My answer is coming - I promise! :-))

Great job!

Jennifer T said...

Thanks for this info. I recycle a lot, so I joined this site. Hopefully my community in Grand Forks ND joins this someday so I can earn points.

Huppie Mama said...

Tag! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for recommending this post to me. I wasn't aware of this website, but I'll definitely have to check it out :-) Now following your blog!

Post a Comment

BannerFans.com
SouthTexasWedding

Followers

Sponsors

.

Tatum's Family Reviews

BLOG OF THE WEEK

Versatile Blogger Award!

Versatile Blogger Award!

Sweet Blog Award

Photobucket

Sunshine Blog Award

Photobucket
The Buzz 4 Moms
Precisely Mine- Never let circumstance define you

Housewife Eclectic Blogshare Community

MyBlogSpark

Blog Search

My BzzAgent Profile

BzzAgent Badge
Reviews and Giveaways



Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service