Search

Loading...

Subscribe via Email

Please add frugalsciencegal [at] gmail [dot] com to your address book!!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Networked Blogs

Make Money On Twitter!!

SponsoredTweets referral badge

FeedBurner FeedCount

Stats

Saturday, April 10, 2010

OxiClean Max Force Review

I recently won an OxiClean Max Force Prize Package from Deal Seeking Mom. On a recent trip I must have put my elbow into something and got a stain on my little white sweater that I often wear over nice blouses or dresses.

Here are the stains:
Photobucket

I have another wedding to go to today so I decided I would try out this OxiClean Max Force Prize Package for the first time to see if I can get that awful stain out of my sweater. I also decided to throw in one of my boyfriend's socks. I am often surprised at how dirty he can manage to get them so this will be a true test of how great this system works. To clean the sweater and sock today, I will be using the OxiClean Max Force Pre-treater Gel Stick and the OxiClean Max Force Laundry Stain Fighter & Booster Power Paks.

Photobucket

I put the Gel Stick on and it said to allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes depending on the severity of the stain. I let it sit for 10 minutes.
Photobucket

For the Power Paks it said to "Add 1 Power Pak into the washing machine, along with your detergent, while filling." So, I did just that.

Photobucket

I also threw in some other socks and camisoles that into the load because I just could not allow myself to waste a whole load of laundry on 2 items (for the environment or cost of electricity and water).

These are the results:
Photobucket
The stains on the shirt sleeve and the sock were drastically reduced but were not eliminated.  It does say on the package that "really tough stains may require 2 Paks for best results."  and another option on the package says to "Pre-soak to remove extra tough stains" which requires to "soak 1-6 hours".  I will definitely try one of these options next time.  Overall though, I am really impressed and will most likely purchase these products in the future.


Recommendations:
Use 2 paks or follow the Pre-soak instructions on the package for stains that look as tough as these.

(I completed this review free of charge.  I received this product through a giveaway on another blog and chose to review the product myself.)

1 comments:

Rachael @ Empowering Mommy said...

Great review! I'm looking forward to seeing those last two pictures. I love love my Oxiclean Max Force Gel Stick and just picked up the spray to see if it would make it a little faster to get the stains out.

Post a Comment

BannerFans.com

Followers

Sponsors

.

Tatum's Family Reviews

BLOG OF THE WEEK

Versatile Blogger Award!

Versatile Blogger Award!

Sweet Blog Award

Photobucket

Sunshine Blog Award

Photobucket

Housewife Eclectic Blogshare Community

MyBlogSpark

Blog Search

My BzzAgent Profile

BzzAgent Badge

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service