Subscribe via Email

Please add frugalsciencegal [at] gmail [dot] com to your address book!!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Networked Blogs

Make Money On Twitter!!

SponsoredTweets referral badge

FeedBurner FeedCount

Stats

Saturday, April 10, 2010

OxiClean Max Force Review

I recently won an OxiClean Max Force Prize Package from Deal Seeking Mom. On a recent trip I must have put my elbow into something and got a stain on my little white sweater that I often wear over nice blouses or dresses.

Here are the stains:
Photobucket

I have another wedding to go to today so I decided I would try out this OxiClean Max Force Prize Package for the first time to see if I can get that awful stain out of my sweater. I also decided to throw in one of my boyfriend's socks. I am often surprised at how dirty he can manage to get them so this will be a true test of how great this system works. To clean the sweater and sock today, I will be using the OxiClean Max Force Pre-treater Gel Stick and the OxiClean Max Force Laundry Stain Fighter & Booster Power Paks.

Photobucket

I put the Gel Stick on and it said to allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes depending on the severity of the stain. I let it sit for 10 minutes.
Photobucket

For the Power Paks it said to "Add 1 Power Pak into the washing machine, along with your detergent, while filling." So, I did just that.

Photobucket

I also threw in some other socks and camisoles that into the load because I just could not allow myself to waste a whole load of laundry on 2 items (for the environment or cost of electricity and water).

These are the results:
Photobucket
The stains on the shirt sleeve and the sock were drastically reduced but were not eliminated.  It does say on the package that "really tough stains may require 2 Paks for best results."  and another option on the package says to "Pre-soak to remove extra tough stains" which requires to "soak 1-6 hours".  I will definitely try one of these options next time.  Overall though, I am really impressed and will most likely purchase these products in the future.


Recommendations:
Use 2 paks or follow the Pre-soak instructions on the package for stains that look as tough as these.

(I completed this review free of charge.  I received this product through a giveaway on another blog and chose to review the product myself.)

1 comments:

Rachael @ Empowering Mommy said...

Great review! I'm looking forward to seeing those last two pictures. I love love my Oxiclean Max Force Gel Stick and just picked up the spray to see if it would make it a little faster to get the stains out.

Post a Comment

BannerFans.com
SouthTexasWedding

Followers

Sponsors

.

Tatum's Family Reviews

BLOG OF THE WEEK

Versatile Blogger Award!

Versatile Blogger Award!

Sweet Blog Award

Photobucket

Sunshine Blog Award

Photobucket
The Buzz 4 Moms
Precisely Mine- Never let circumstance define you

Housewife Eclectic Blogshare Community

MyBlogSpark

Blog Search

My BzzAgent Profile

BzzAgent Badge
Reviews and Giveaways



Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service